This Privacy Notice explains how we gather and use your personal data, it describes the categories of personal data we process and for what purposes. Universal Projects (UK) Limited is committed to collecting and using such data fairly and in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). We will update this Privacy Notice if we make any significant changes affecting how we use your personal data.
Universal Projects (UK) Limited is the controller of any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, including through our website http://www.universalprojects.co.uk
If you need more information about how we use your personal data, please contact by post at Universal Projects (UK) Limited, Hilltop Farm Offices, Storiths, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6HX.
- The types of personal data we collect and use
To provide you with our services we use a variety of personal data, this may include:
- your contact details (e.g. a name, job title, a billing and delivery address, a telephone number and email address)
- your payment or financial details which may include information about your credit history (e.g. bank details)
- How we gather and share your personal data
We obtain personal information:
- directly from you (e.g. when you make an enquiry, request a quotation or collection by telephone, email, our website or in person)
- from other organisations such as credit reference agencies
We will only share your personal information to the extent needed to supply our products and services, to meet or enforce a legal obligation or where it is fair and reasonable to do this.
- How we use your personal data
To provide our products and services we need to process your personal data, so we can:
- deal with your enquiry
- provide a quotation
- arrange collection
- establish, confirm, correct and fulfil a contract with you
- comply with our legal obligations as well as applicable statutory or regulatory requirements
- communicate with you regarding the progress and status our services
- allow, arrange and prove payment
- allow, arrange and prove delivery of goods, services and documentation
- allow financial management and debt recovery
- deal with complaints, queries, correction and customer satisfaction responses;
- provide customer support, traceability, history, which includes informing you when your equipment is due for recalibration or service
- we do not use your personal data for direct marketing purposes or use bought-in-lists, however, we may contact you about similar products or services you have received before, unless you have specifically told us not to
- Our legal basis for using your personal information
We will only use your personal data where:
- we have your consent (if consent is needed)
- it is necessary to perform a contract with you
- it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- it is necessary for our own legitimate interests
- How long and how do we keep your personal data secure
We will not retain your personal data for any longer than is necessary for the purposes that we or you need to use it, or as required by legal, statutory or regulatory requirements.
We take the security of your personal data seriously. We’ve implemented technology and security policies, rules and measures to protect the personal data we have under our control, both on and offline, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
- Your Privacy Rights
You have the right to object to how we use your personal data. You also have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. In addition, you can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal data.
You can make a complaint to us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at Universal Projects (UK) Limited, Hilltop Farm Offices, Storiths, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6HX.
You can also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, at www.ico.org.uk
Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal data. Please contact us as noted above, providing details of your objection.
Access to your personal data: You can request access to a copy of your personal data that we hold, along with information on what personal data we use, why we use it, who we share it with and how long we keep it for.
Right to withdraw consent: If you have given us your consent to use personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time or update account preferences contacting email@example.com or by post at Universal Projects (UK) Limited, Hilltop Farm Offices, Storiths, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 6HX
Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal data held about you.
Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used or electronic form.
Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal data we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.